Tuesday 8 July 2008

Bug eye'd

Sculpted CC's eye lumps on the other day, which turned out ok. Still having a lotta problems with keeping things symmetrical. i can see Despot being an absolute ass.











The day after i pined her eye stems. in hind sight i should have bent them to shape before gluing as it was difficult to get them curved without being able to grip both ends. could have done some serious damage to her face.



























Touched up her face a bit, which i think made quite the difference and finished her eyes. fiddly to say the least and as you can see as usual she ain't symmetrical (right eye is much larger) so now that they are dry I'm going to see if i can add just a little to the left to even them out.

I've added the pins to support the horns and pouches on her back but I'm wondering if i should solder ona downward piece on each to support the necks of the pouches now or if i should just drill the horns later? no idea , im a little worried about heating up the paperclips and scorching the supersculpie.

Compared the pik to the sculpt today in good light and there are some mistakes i don't think I'm even going to attempt to fix. For example her face plate is far too long which means that I'm going to have to bodge where her arms go. I knew she wasn't going to mirror the piks in the first place as nothing i create tends to come out like i expected. I kinda like that about my work so long as i like the end result ^^. Should have another post soon as I've already uploaded the images in draft. Took the pik of the bikes as promised but put it in the wrong folder and thus forgot to upload it Xo oh will, I'm sure you will see them soon.

No comments: