Saturday 21 June 2008

Costumes

Firstly the elbow pad. Sis started just wanting me to make up an armature for it but the quickly turned into finishing it too. it was a lot harder than i thought it was going to be. fimo is an ass to work with. Gave me a whole new respect to the girls that make thouse lil cake jewlery pieces.















This guy started as a card mask and a huge lump of air drying clay. My first dilema was the clay not sticking to the mask. I solves it by coating the mask in PVA glue and sticking a thin layer of clay over it. Might as well have had no feachers.


The design is based off that wacky guy in that old stop animation with the kids and an airship? I have no idea what its called and that is the worst description of it ever but there you go.


Here is the finished result. Well, wet finished result. Its still under a lamp drying beside me. Starting to worry that it wont be dry in time. wanted to keep the lamp on it over night but the wife was paranoid that it would get too hot and spontaniously combust *shrugs* anyway. hopefully it will dry soon and maybe i'll take some more shots.

No comments: